The client, one of the UK’s leading high street banks, provides a comprehensive portfolio of retail, wholesale banking and insurance services. It serves some 16m customers.
As the mobile phone developed into a ubiquitous computing platform, the bank announced plans to introduce mobile banking services to its retail customers. With little experience of the technology, the bank needed a change professional to design and manage the programme to translate the customer proposition into a public service.
Appointed programme manager to work with the mobile banking proposition team. The work involved:
- Designing the development approach to be responsive to the emerging customer needs, and technology and to comply with the disciplines of retail banking.
- Leading the creation of story boards to depict the customer experience of the service. Behaviour patens of the target market, technology early adopters, guided the process.
- Leading the delivery teams.
- Acting as the bridge between the Bank’s customer and technology teams, managing the expectations of key stakeholders.
- Supporting the bank rescue an affinity partner’s work stream, securing the launch date of the service.
The client was one of the first UK banks to provide a comprehensive mobile banking service, delivering on its commitments to customers and shareholders. The service was popular with the chosen market sector, and guided development of the next generation of services.