The client is a UK maintenance company providing national coverage with a mobile workforce of around 1,000 engineers.
The client’s existing service management system was reaching the end of its life. A replacement system was required to support improved business processes and provide integrated handheld technology to engineers.
A thorough review of the leading products in the market place had failed to identify a packaged solution that could meet the requirements. The board then turned to Enton to provide a tailored solution to meet their precise needs.
A change program was in initiated for the development and transitioning to a new fully integrated mobile service management system. Enton was responsible for:
- undertaking business process analysis across all parts of the business to document the required processes.
- preparing estimates and plans for the new programme based on a phased transition strategy.
- production and agreement with the business of the specifications for the new system modules.
- design and development of the new back office application, the mobile system and messaging services, and interfaces to other back office administration systems.
- development of data migration scripts to support the phased transition.
- deployment of the new system, user training, and running cut-over scripts to transition to live operation.
The new system provided real-time integrated functionality to the mobile workforce which was fully integrated into the new back office time sheet costing, billing, finance and payroll systems. The new system enabled:
- an average of two hours extra productive work from each engineer per week, equivalent to a 5% productivity gain,
- automated time-sheet processing providing back office savings in excess of £½ million per annum,
- the average time between job completion and invoice settlement to reduce significantly, improving cash flow.
The relationship with Enton has been fantastic. They immediately bought into our vision and have supported the business objectives. Together we have transformed the way the business operates, delivering our aims of an efficient customer focused organisation and confirming our position in the facilities management market.