The client is one of the UK’s largest outsourcing companies specialising in support for the public sector.
The client was responsible for the set up and delivery of the first driving theory test centres across the UK. The new service had to be available for operational use within a strict timetable laid down by government legislation. New booking, fulfilment and finance systems needed to be built in parallel with the developing business processes in under eight months.
Our consultant was responsible for the delivery of the technology taking the project from initiation and development through to transition to live operation. The work involved:
- Initiation of the development programme, in particular, defining the approach to be taken to meet the challenging timescale.
- Creating the systems in an agile manner alongside the developing processes and working practices.
- Defining the implementation architecture.
- Transitioning the new systems ready for live operation.
- Internal and external stakeholder management.
The new service was ready for live operation by the launch date. The new customer call centre successfully handled over three thousand calls on the first day of operation.